Sports Massage Therapy
Pain and injury management.
Reasons to have treatment?
- Pain or discomfort which may be affecting everyday activities or your work/sport.
- Difficulty with daily stiffness, movement patterns or recovery from inactivity or illness.
- Injuries and following accidents, Pre and post surgery help.
- Maintenance sports massage for Pre or post events.
- Prevention of injuries and general wellbeing.
What happens on the first visit?
A thorough case history is taken with a discussion on goals. Following this a visual and passive movement assessment and any problems, instabilities or pain will be noted. Depending on findings, treatment will take place to help take care of any immediate discomfort. After this a discussion and treatment plan for further sessions that may be needed will take place.
How long are the sessions?
Initially the first session is 1hr to allow for a thorough assessment.
Follow ups will be 1hr and then reduced to 45 minutes once the problems have improved.
Sports massage maintenance sessions can be booked for either 30mins, 45mins or 1hr.